REVEALED: How to transform an old wooden cabinet into a stylish Hamptons-inspired coffee station
- A woman transformed an old cabinet into an incredibly chic coffee bar
- She gave the cabinet a fresh coat of paint and added an Amazon feature light
- The American woman also added in a ‘coffee bar’ sign and new cupboard knobs
- Her DIY coffee bar transformation has left thousand impressed and inspired
A savvy DIY expert has shared how she transformed an old cabinet into a stylish Hamptons-inspired coffee bar.
Heidi, from the US, picked up the old cabinet for free and gave it a fresh coat of paint and added a light, signage and hardware from Amazon to complete the revamp.
Heidi began her coffee bar transformation by first sanding down the wooden exterior to create a smooth surface before painting.
A savvy DIY expert has shared how she transformed an old cabinet into a stylish Hamptons-inspired coffee bar
She originally wanted to coat the cabinet in chalk paint but instead used a white shade of ‘Beyond Paint‘.
Once the cabinet was painted white she then moved onto the light feature – a black cage light from Amazon.
Once the cabinet was painted white she then moved onto the light feature – a black cage light from Amazon
How to transform your old cabinet into a coffee station
- Sand the cabinet’s wooden exterior to prepare for paint job
- Paint the cabinet with a white shade of ‘Beyond Paint’
- Add a black cage light from Amazon to the cabinet
- Screw in a ‘coffee bar’ sign to the exposed wooden interior
- Add two black handles to the cupboard doors
- Stock the coffee bar with your favourite mug, frother and coffee machine
Heidi switched out the old cabinet light for the trendier cage light to add a feature element and to use while she makes her early morning coffee
She then screwed on a ‘ coffee bar’ sign to the exposed wooden interior, added two black cupboard handles from Amazon and stocked up the shelf with her coffee maker, frother, coffee tin and favourite mug, ready to use
To finish she stocked up the shelf with her coffee maker, frother, coffee tin and favourite mug.
Heidi’s stylish coffee bar has impressed thousands since she posted it on DiY Facebook groups.
‘Wow how innovative! Love this, such a cute novel idea,’ a woman commented.
‘I have a cabinet similar that we hardly use, thanks so much for the inspiration! It’s definitely going to get a revamp now,’ another said.
‘This is absolutely gorgeous! Such great work and such a great idea,’ another said.