We’ll speak about Telstra Bigpond webmail login Australia in this article. “Everything about Bigpond webmail based in Australia” is the title of this post, and it strives to match that title.
We attempted to bring this topic to a close by discussing several sub-topics. Bigpond Email Login, How to Sign in to a Bigpond Email Account, Steps to Create a New Bigpond Email Account, and How to Login to a Bigpond Email Account Using a Third-Party Email Client are the sub-topics.
An announcement has been made by Telstra about a new Telstra email service that will replace BigPond webmail. Bigpond was the long running webmail of Telstra. Now, Telstra is bringing the long-running BigPond brand closer to extinction.
After late 2013, when the BigPond webpage was converted to Telstra Media branding, the telco has been in the process of closing down the BigPond brand. All of these was started after the conversion.
It dropped the BigPond broadband service in favour of Telstra-branded options a few months later, and switched the sign on ‘My BigPond’ client accounts to Telstra-branded accounts.
Telstra has planned to shut down its online BigPond Music MP3 download business, as well as its BigPond GameArena gaming website, at the end of 2014.
The BigPond Movies brand is still in use by the telco. Telco still operates it. BigPond webmail is being phased out in favour of Telstra Mail, a fresh service that will replace @telstra.com and @bigpond.com email for residential internet consumers.
Telstra is also migrating its Outlook.com subscribers to Telstra Mail from Microsoft’s service. Users of Outlook.com will no longer get emails sent to their BigPond or Telstra.com email addresses via MIS webmail as a result of the change.
Following customer concerns over the BigPond infrastructure, Telstra spent several years transferring its BigPond mail subscribers to the underlying Outlook.com platform.
Nick Ruddock, Telstra’s head of mobile products, stated yesterday, “Email has gone a long way since we debuted BigPond email in 1996.”
“Australian families had only been connecting on to the internet for the next several years when we initially introduced the service, and we were basically a country of note writers and letter posters when we originally launched the service.”
Telstra Mail will offer cross-platform email and 10GB of storage, which is much higher than the 1GB to 5GB of storage that webmail subscribers now get.
Emails will now be handled locally in Australia, and message size limitations will be doubled from 10MB to 25MB.
Over the following several months, all @telstra.com and @bigpond.com subscribers will be switched to the new service. The email addresses will not change.
Existing Telstra subscribers will receive the service free of charge, while non-Telstra consumers would pay $79 each year. The first year is completely free, according to the telco.
Bigpond Email login
Telstra is an internet service provider based in Australia. Its headquarters are in Australia. Customers’ internet entertainment and emailing requirements are met by Telstra. Australians have considered the Bigpond email login to be incredibly handy, among all of the other services it provides. If you’re wondering where this came from, Bigpond and Telstra combined in 2013.
Users have been having problems logging onto Bigpond since then since they are utilizing Telstra webmail to sign in. You’ll find all the details you need about Bigpond and its login method right here.
How to Sign in to a Bigpond Email?
To login into your Bigpond email account, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to www.my.telstra.com.au to access the Bigpond email login page.
- In the first blank, type your Bigpond email account username.
- Next, enter your Bigpond email account’s password.
- Enter your Telstra Account Executive’s Business ID if you have one.
- Finally, press the ‘Login’ button.
Steps To Create a New Bigpond Email Account
The processes are slightly different if you wish to create a new Bigpond email account:
- If you want To create a new Bigpond email account, you should go to https://id.telstra.com.au/register in a web browser.
- Next, type in the email address that you need to use to access your Telstra Bigpond webmail account.
- After that, you have to create a new password for your account and confirm it twice.
- After the completion of the previous step, to get updates from Telstra, you will need to input personal information such as your first name, last name, date of birth, and phone number.
- To continue, click the ‘Continue’ button.
How to Login to a Bigpond Email Account Using a Third-Party Email Client?
If you wish to use Outlook, Mailbird, or another email client to access your webmail telstra bigpond.
. The following are the critical IMAP and SMTP settings you’ll need for this:
- Bigpond.com (www.bigpond.com) is a (Telstra Mail)
- IMAP Server Configuration
- mail.bigpond.com is an IMAP server.
- 993 is the IMAP port.
- SSL is used for IMAP security.
- Username for IMAP: Your email address in its entirety
- Your Bigpond.com password is your IMAP password.
- Bigpond.com (www.bigpond.com) is a (Telstra Mail)
- SMTP Server Configuration
- mail.bigpond.com is the SMTP server.
- 465 is the SMTP port.
- SSL is used for SMTP security.
- Username for SMTP:
- Your email address in its entirety
- Password for SMTP: Your Bigpond.com password
This is how to access your Bigpond webmail or email account.
Bigpond Webmail Account Login Issues
Are you having trouble accessing your Bigpond webmail account?
There’s no need to be concerned because this may happen at any time for a variety of reasons; here’s what you should do:
- To access your Bigpond email account, you’ll need a robust internet connection.
- Check that you have provided the right login information, such as your username and password, to access your Telstra webmail account.
- Make sure you’ve got the right email settings for your device, whether it’s an Android, iPhone, or PC.
- In the event that you forget your Bigpond account password, you may always reset it.
How to Reset a Bigpond Email Password that has been Forgotten?
You may forget your password at some point, and if that happens, you may recover your Bigpond password by resetting it as follows:
- Go to https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2F
- Next, select the ‘Forgot’ option next to the password.
- If you connect using your Business ID, you’ll see a page where you’ll be asked to provide your ‘username’ and ‘Business ID or account number.’
- To reset the Bigpond email password, choose ‘Continue’ and follow the steps.
If you need any kind of assistance with your Telstra Bigpond email account, you can go to https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email .
We’ve tried to cover all there is to know about Bigpond Webmail, which is situated in Australia, in this post. We have attempted to include all pertinent information about Bigpond.
Considering Bigpond is an Internet service offered by Telstra and located in Australia, the name of this page is “Everything about Bigpond webmail based in Australia.” According to recent updates, Telstra has just declared that it would replace Bigpond with a new webmail service that will be able to compete with it.
As per the new updates provided by Telco, the existing Telstra users will get the service free of cost whereas the people who are not consumers of Telstra will have to pay $79 every year.